Be part of a brand-new team at Schuberg Philis! Meet the Cloud Competence Center.
There is a shift of customer environments from dedicated infrastructures and our Mission Critical Cloud towards public cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services. This brings along different dynamics, typified by a faster pace of change and more software parts interacting with and depending on each other in new and often subtle ways.
The automated infrastructure also creates a double-edged sword – it allows teams to move faster and lots of classical sysadmin work is automated, and it introduces the need for new skills and best practices.
As a company, we want to invest in a new team that will define and maintain our best practices for all our platforms and provide a consistent added value to the company needed to continue to deliver the mission critical, secure and auditable promises in this new environment.
The Cloud Competence Center will build know-how, gathering, defining and maintaining best practices, manage contracting and vendors, ensure security, provide training and arrange partnering events. This will help customer teams by defining solid, auditable and well architected public cloud solutions.
Our customer teams will be able to leverage all technical and non-technical expertise, services and best practices provided, while being end-to-end responsible and autonomous when building, maintaining and operating the actual environment and fit it to our customer’s purpose and requirements.
What will you do?
You will ensure Schuberg Philis will be able to profit from the benefits that we have with our current supplier contracts and make sure we comply with the requirements of said contracts. There is a special focus on managing our contracts with public cloud vendors and the execution of their partner programs.
In addition, with help of specialized tooling, you will provide insight in cost and cost saving opportunities and with this knowledge, you organize optimal cloud usage for both Schuberg Philis and our customers – together with our customer teams.
Last but not least, you will manage several other IT contracts, optimize license management and general procurement.
Who are we looking for?
You have 3-5 years of experience as project manager/project management officer in a dynamic, consulting or services, environment and experience with
- Technology and you understand of the basic economics of public cloud
- Optimizing the use of AWS from a cost perspective and can bring along internal stakeholders
- Negotiating and you enjoy making the best out of existing agreements
- Relationship building and vendor/partner management
- Reading contracts and an understanding of partner programs
- Ensuring compliance with partner programs and contracts
- Providing insight in costs and can inspire sales and engineers to implement cost saving opportunities (with help of specific tooling)
- Registering sales opportunities, administer account structures, and ensure customer teams can invoice cloud consumption
- Following up on and organizing completion of training requirements.
You have the following skills
- Action oriented, organizing and planning; pro-active, takes initiative, multitasking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Affinity with tech; has an overview of what is going on with Public Clouds
- Composure, interpersonal savvy and informing; ability to collaborate with different personalities, teams and roles
- Contract management; knowledgeable in procurement, contracts and cost control
- Decision quality and drive for results
- Efficient and pragmatic administration skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English
- Problem solving and analytical
- Readiness to learn and eagerness to grow
In this role, public cloud, cost control, contract management, technology and even basic procurement come together. We don’t expect you to know it all, but if you are eager to go through a steep learning curve and are excited by this challenge: we should meet!
About Schuberg Philis
Schuberg Philis is an innovative, self-funded and technology-driven company. We offer a broad range of 100% IT services for customers who want to realize their digital transformation and have grown from offering dedicated infrastructure management to a DevOps enabler for your enhanced ‘business-critical ecosystem’. We can provide and orchestrate the full technology stack: from cloud layer and midlayer to comprehensive application management. Our goal is to take a load off your shoulders by automating processes as far as possible and bringing business and IT in one effective flow. We also comply with the highest international risk management and corporate governance standards, while remaining flexible to evolving customer needs.
Everything we do is cloud-based: we run online banks and businesses/public critical environments in AWS, Azure, Google and in our private cloud Cosmic, which is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable SaaS cloud computing platform.
Building on each other's strengths, our experts help create the prerequisites for continuous renewal and sustainable velocity in your ecosystem. To achieve this, we work together in multidisciplinary teams with Development, Integration and Deployment. With each innovation, we ask ourselves how it contributes to your organizational aims.
Curious to find out more?
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to get back to everyone, and if you are invited you will have a series of in depth talks with our tech colleagues, people colleagues and recruitment members.