FUNCTIONAL APPLICATION ENGINEER BANKING
You will be responsible for the handling and/or coordination of functional service requests and functional incidents coming in through multiple channels. You will be aligning with suppliers, clients and processing partners by using established procedures and processes which lead to optimization of the service for our clients. You are actively involved in securing production flows, creating and maintaining monitoring, and managing incidents, problems, and changes. Last but not least, you are always on the lookout for improvements. What is very important to realize: you will be doing this in a self-steering team which has full, end-to-end responsibility and you will not be reporting to a manager.
Schuberg Philis has built a full online bank environment for one of its customers. This online bank has been built up from scratch and is based on the latest IT technologies, and it’s also based on a newly designed Straight Through Processes(STP). The online bank is in a continuous change process and operates in a changing market. Expanding the online bank into the areas of Mortgages, Insurances and Personal Finance etc are objectives for the coming period. Our customers demand the highest quality, reliability and integrity.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Obtain and maintain intricate knowledge of all supported applications (e.g., Five Degrees Matrix)
- Quickly and accurately determine impact in case of incidents;
- Estimate resolution times in case of incidents;
- Establish counter measures in case of incidents;
- Manage and resolve incidents, problems and changes;
- Initiate improvements plans and prevention of problems
- Contribute to the introduction of new products;
- Produce quality improvement plans;
- Coordinate and handle service requests independently.
- You have highly developed analytical and problem solving skills;
- You are process oriented and capable to understand the overall picture;
- You are a self-starter, enthusiastic and have a proactive attitude;
- You are a team-player and clear communicator;
- You are proficient in XML/XSD;
- You are proficient in SQL;
- You have banking (process) knowledge;
- Being a subject matter expert in either Payments, Mortgages or Insurances is a plus.
We have been working with many of these customers for years. As their trusted IT partner we are involved in many parallel projects in a dynamic environment. Our teams consist of experienced engineers and developers with different personal and professional backgrounds. By continuously challenging each other we achieve great personal development. We act as one and prefer working together through direct communication, taking ownership and a getting-the-job-done attitude.
For this customer we are currently renewing the entire IT approach, towards a cloud way of working, platform services and continuous everything. Like all colleagues at Schuberg Philis, we strive for Infrastructure as Code, Standardization, Continuous Development and Automated Testing. We have the ambition to automate all the monkey work and expand our application development projects. You undoubtedly share our conviction that automation creates better quality and is great fun to work on.
To strengthen our team we look for new colleagues with an open mind and a genuine passion for engineering. You enjoy working in a team and strive to make a difference. Despite your vast experience and impressive skills, you are always eager to learn and develop. You look beyond established technologies and want to develop a deep understanding of your customer, its business processes and opportunities. In short, we invite you to apply if you are passionate about IT and have grown your skills for several years in a challenging environment. That doesn’t mean we only hire seasoned professionals. If you have less mileage on your CV, but compensate that through your exceptional IT drive or skills, please get in touch. Our team is willing to invest in your talent so we can reach together the next level!
ABOUT SCHUBERG PHILIS
Schuberg Philis is an innovative self-funded company and an important player in the field of mission critical outsourcing services. Schuberg Philis exclusively addresses company application infrastructures, which require 24/7 availability, and guarantees 100% uptime for the applications running on these infrastructures. Schuberg Philis complies with the highest international risk management and corporate governance standards, while remaining flexible to evolving customer needs. Applications can be sent to email@example.com if you are invited you will have a series of in depth talks with engineers and Mieke Luitjes or Cecilia van Halteren (Matchmakers).