\be more Engineer
Schuberg Philis is a true IT-driven company that runs on the combined knowledge and ideas of 230+ IT experts. Experts which work in self-steering multidisciplinary customer teams which have full end-to-end responsibility. No one at Schuberg Philis has or reports to a manager, you are responsible to organize your own work. Every member in these teams is fully mandated and is in direct contact with the customer, establishing the shortest possible lines of communication.
THE ASSET MANAGEMENT TEAMS
Having designed and built the critical application ecosystem for several of our customers (pension funds, cash management etc), these five teams (a total of 31 people) are now ensuring the 100% availability of these systems. Some very exciting prospects are on the horizon which is why we are looking to add someone to one of these teams.
“We are very excited about being responsible for such an important part of the Dutch pension economy and cash dispensing. We continue to achieve this 100% by challenging each about suggestions and ideas. Our KPI of 100% Customer Satisfaction triggers us to do whatever we can to make a difference. We take full ownership. Our team is cloud- and technology agnostic and we all share a desire to automate everything. “You touch it, you own it” is our chosen way of working.”
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If you are as we are, and think as we think, you consider IT a craft. Curiosity in our DNA and we don’t take things for granted. We are moving higher up in the stack and left bare metal behind us years ago. We want to know and learn as much as possible and achieve great professional and personal growth. We want to automate everything. Does this resonate with you?
We are looking to add the following skills to our team:
- You have experience working in Microsoft or Linux HA business critical application environments.
- You understand application behavior.
- CI/CD is your preferred way of working.
- You have experience with config management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- You understand application orchestration in AWS and/or Azure
- You understand cloud technologies (network, storage, databases).
- You are an analytical thinker and are comfortable in sharing your ideas and worries with your peers.
- You take full responsibility for the IT environment and it is second nature to go that extra mile to ensure all applications run smoothly.
- You possess strong design and scripting (PowerShell) skills.
- Above all: you want to automate.
YOUR JOB AT SCHUBERG PHILIS
We do not just believe but know from 17 years’ experience that it is possible to achieve our unchanging goal: 100% customer satisfaction. Every day is different. Being a privately-owned company allows us to innovate. Schuberg Philis delivers craftsmanship and we believe that building and maintaining complex application ecosystems can be done by putting artisans in the lead. Typically, you can expect to spend around 50% of your time on operational tasks. The other 50% you will be working on projects in which, we promise, you will never be bored!
Applications can be sent to email@example.com. If you are invited you will have a series of in depth talks with engineers and Mieke Luitjes, our recruiter.