Mission Critical Security Engineer
Schuberg Philis is a true IT-driven company that runs on the combined knowledge and ideas of 200 IT experts, which work in self-steering customer teams, and which have full end-to-end responsibility i.e. not run by a manager. Every member of these teams is fully mandated and is in direct contact with the customer, establishing the shortest possible lines of communication. This enormous responsibility comes with flexibility in working hours and an above average remuneration.
The Defensive Security Team is a centralised team within Schuberg Philis. This team is looking to on-board a new colleague to keep the IT environments which are mission and/or publicly critical to our clients secure. “Schuberg Philis believes in craftsmanship and we believe that building and maintaining the security of secure application infrastructures requires artisans. The engineers in the customer teams are our first line of defence. However, we also believe that defensive security is a specialized skill, a skill that can be best cultivated and maintained in a team of specialists. Our centralized security team is such a team of specialists. We consult and advise customer teams on security matters and maintain a number of central security solutions such as our SIEM offering and strong authentication solution.
On a daily basis we are challenged with a lot of variety, defending systems that really matter. We are involved in all kinds of security with matters from risk and compliance, to security testing and integrating security into our CI/CD offerings. It goes without saying that security is of the utmost importance for a company that promises 100% functional uptime and is specialized in business-critical IT systems. Software is eating the world and security is becoming increasingly important”.
Who are we looking for?
If you are as we are, and think as we think, you consider security a craft. We are looking for a Mission Critical Security Engineer to join our team who identifies with our core team culture:
- we work as a team to get the job done, not a band of individuals;
- we like breaking stuff, we are in security after all, but love fixing it;
- security is not black and white, but as many shades of grey as you like, yet we prefer the lighter shades.
We are looking to add the following skills to our team:
- an Application Security person;
- somebody who can pentest;
- somebody who is familiar with the banking world and their love for procedures and compliance.
It would be great if you:
- have experience working in IT environments where downtime means zero business;
- know there is more to security then just application security, or just infrastructure security or just crypto;
- can code. CI/CD is your preferred way of working, you understand what this means;
- have experience with config management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible;
- understand cloud technologies (network, storage, databases);
- are an analytical thinker and are comfortable in sharing your ideas and worries with your peers.
Your job at Schuberg Philis
We do not just believe, but know from 15 years’ experience that it is possible to achieve our unchanging goal: 100% customer satisfaction. Every day is different. Typically, you can expect to spend around 40-50% of your time on operational tasks. The other 50% you will be working on projects in which, we promise, you will never be bored!
Curious to find out more?
The easy way is to contact Mieke Luitjes one of our recruiters: email: email@example.com or dial +3120 750 6500.
There is a harder way too.