Our Services team is looking for an Operations Manager to support us with the professionalization of the way we work in Services. The entire Services team is approximately 60 people and exists out of 8 teams. The focus of this role will be our SaaS and Corporate IT teams, which exists of respectively 10 and 4 team members.
As the Services Operations Manager you will be responsible for the running, planning, optimization, implementation and subsequent smooth operation of Schuberg Philis’ internal IT Services, for current and future needs.
You will be working with colleagues within Services, customer teams and partners, to make sure the IT systems we use to deliver services to Schuberg Philis and to our customers, are fit for purpose and work effectively from a user perspective.
On a regular basis, you will also work with the Services teams on change/release management; to ensure that changes, incidents, and project activities are correctly prioritized by Infrastructure Services, coordinated, and are implemented successfully.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing IT service changes from a stakeholder point of view and creating service reports and agreeing service levels
Producing operations and service management reports for our customer teams that use our services about key IT service updates and results
- Managing our ‘service transition process’ to make sure new services and support models are created and can be supported by colleagues who are properly trained on them
- Making sure colleagues in the service desk and wider IT department have the right knowledge to support service changes and that these have been documented in the knowledge base
- Using Jira as our service management tool, to get pieces of relevant information that can be used to make service improvement plans
- Working with relevant colleagues to make sure IT changes, project activities, and releases, are planned, implemented, and communicated, to key stakeholders; and that we’re ready to support them
- Managing 3rd party suppliers relating to SLA’s, including conducting regular service reviews
- Communicating with users, providing non-technical explanations of IT service issues
- Coordinate incidents with the team(s) and all required stakeholders within Schuberg Philis
- Act as an escalation point for issues our users are having relating to IT services
- Bringing rhythm and structure into the way of working of the Services teams and align the way of working with Schuberg Philis practices as much as possible
- Prioritizing and planning the work in the backlog
- Preparing and chairing stakeholders’ meetings
- Planning and organizing current and future team resource needs
To be successful in this role, we recommend having the following skills and experience:
- Broad infrastructure technical knowledge
- Strong service delivery skills and experience in a customer-facing or stakeholder-facing service delivery role; the ability to prioritize and implement a varied workload in a fast-paced environment, the ability to analyze data relating to services and using it to make service improvement plans from the reports, and experience in monitoring and measuring the performance of IT services
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to engage with the wider organization to establish service requirements, service level agreements and to manage expectations
- People skills; delivery of services is done by people, operations are done by people. How do you enable a team to deliver services, guide a team, listen to personal needs within a non-management/non-hierarchical company?
- Experience with ITIL and Agile: the ability to follow and champion IT infrastructure library (ITIL) and agile best practices within an organization
- Cross team/functional relationship building skills; the ability to build relationships with colleagues in it and across the organization
Schuberg Philis offers a broad range of 100% IT services for customers who want to realize their digital transformation. Examples of our customers are PostNL, Enexis, Heineken, Geldmaat, Moneyou & Nederlands Loodswezen. We have grown from offering dedicated infrastructure management to a DevOps enabler for enhanced ‘business-critical ecosystems’. We can provide and orchestrate the full technology stack: from cloud layer and midlayer to comprehensive application management. Our goal is to take a load off our customer's shoulders by automating processes as far as possible and bringing business and IT in one effective flow. We also comply with the highest international risk management and corporate governance standards, while remaining flexible to evolving customer needs.
Everything we do is cloud-based: we run online banks and businesses/public critical environments in AWS, Azure, Google and in our private cloud Cosmic, which is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable SaaS cloud computing platform.
Building on each other's strengths, our experts help create the prerequisites for continuous renewal and sustainable velocity in your ecosystem. To achieve this, we work together in multidisciplinary teams with Development, Integration and Deployment. With each innovation, we ask ourselves how it contributes to our customer's organizational aims.
Curious to find out more?
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to get back to everyone, and if you are invited you will have a series of in depth talks with our tech colleagues, people colleagues and recruitment members.
We want you to be in control of your personal data. Please read our privacy notice, for more information.