At Schuberg Philis we love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission-critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
As an AWS Engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary team where you will focus on building Payment solutions for our customer using AWS. Audit, security and compliance are of critical importance for our customer.
Building and improving the landing zone in AWS will be part of your responsibilities. On the container platform (built on the landing zone) we continue to onboard new applications. Together with our customer and their third-party developers, we strive for more than good enough results. Taking responsibility of onboarding, security, compliance as well as implementing and using the latest technologies is part of your daily job. Everything we do is via code and automated, so you need to live up to that challenge.
Who are we looking for?
In this role, you will have a lot of fun if you have the following experience:
- Experience in a complex engineering environment, preferably in mission- critical environments
- Experience in the Payment industry, preferably with standards such as PCI-DSS
- Relevant experience with operations in AWS environments
- Hands-on experience in automation and applying cloud native infrastructure and/or configuration management tooling (Chef, Ansible), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation) and CI/CD (GitHub Actions, GitLab CI)
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS, Argo)
Nice to have: Datadog, Terraform, Cilium and many more.
What we offer
- Hybrid way of working: Your office base will be the Schiphol-Rijk office, but you are able to work from any of our Schuberg Philis office locations and from home in deliberation with your team
- Indefinite contract
- Annual gross salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Yearly gross bonus opportunity of 15%
- Mobility plan: Mileage allowance, reimbursement of your public transport expenses, or a pool car. After your probation period, you are eligible to select a lease car or public transport card, if you prefer one of these two options above the mileage allowance.
- Employee Ownership Plan: After your probation period, you will receive 1 certificate that makes you owner of a small part of Schuberg Philis. This will allow you to receive dividend on a yearly basis. You will also be eligible to invest in more certificates during the annual trading period
- Pension plan: contribution depends on salary and age (BeFrank) and a session with an independent financial advisor during your first monthto help you with your pension and financial plans.
- Disability insurance and surviving dependants’ pension plans
- surviving dependants’ pension (BeFrank/Elipslife)
- ANW Hiaat (BeFrank)
- WIA-AOP excedent (ElipsLife)
- WGA-Hiaat extended (ElipsLife)
- WIA excedent (Elipslife)
- Group health insurance NN/ONVZ (5% discount for the basic health insurance and 10% for the supplementary health insurance. Additional discount for the yearly payment of 2%).
- 25 paid holidays
- Laptop and iPhone provided by Schuberg Philis
- Access to a dedicated Coolblue Home Office Store with a personal budget to help create a suitable workplace at home
- Well-being activities like mindfulness, running, and other events
- Good food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks – for which a monthly contribution of €25 will be deducted from the monthly salary due to tax reasons)
- Opportunities to grow, have fun and (be) challenge(d)!