At Schuberg Philis we love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Application Engineer that enjoys an wide scope of tasks and challenges regarding automating, provisioning, monitoring and maintenance of applications and infrastructure. The team is responsible for managing a complex, data centered application landscape. While a move to a newer Business Intelligence environment is underway, they provide support on both the infrastructure and applications to sustain their critical business processes.
The team currently manages three main applications (SAP SBOP BI, SAP Data Services and SAS), which are running on Oracle Databases, Linux and Windows (Citrix Cloud) and are managed by using Terraform and Ansible. They work with cloud architecture tooling (Gitlab with CI/CD pipelines, JFrog Artifactory, Hashicorp Vault) and use Datadog for monitoring and measuring. The application landscape also uses services from AWS. As a DevOps Application Engineer we expect you to understand the rationale and concept behind these technologies and understand how these all work together.
What will you be doing?
As DevOps Application Engineer, you are application driven and talk to both the engineers in your team and at the customer’s site as to the business and Functional Application Managers You are able to go down into the application to understand the integrations and how to manage the various roles. The team is responsible for setting up new configurations for each of the applications and making sure they keep performing. In short, you should be able to:
- Advise the customer in decision making regarding applications, IaaS and PaaS life cycle management, rightsizing and future enhancements
- Proactively anticipate technical impediments that arise
- Remedy any technical incidents that occur
Who are we looking for?
In this role, we are looking for a DevOps Application Engineer that is willing to go full scope: work on both AWS, Linux, Oracle and Windows. Next to this, you have the following experience:
- 5 years of working experience in an application landscape
- Engineering experience on Linux and Public Cloud
- Experience in automating, managing and running a complex operational environment that emphasizes performance and stability
- Strong troubleshooting experience on system and application level, including performance, integrations and configurations
- Experience with the tools we work with is preferred: Terraform, Ansible, Datadog
If you have worked on AWS, Oracle, Windows or on a data driven environment, this would be a plus.