At Schuberg Philis we love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission-critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer Web Security, with a passion to automate. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team which is responsible for the integration and automation of solutions to ensure business continuity and maximize performance of customer environments. In this role you will be proactively hunting for vulnerabilities in the customer domain, for which you will advise them on possible solutions and configurations to manage these. In addition, you will be working on daily operations, integrations and configurations.
In this environment, AWS is used as SaaS/PaaS provider and we use Terraform to manage this. Most of the code is written in Go with some flavor of Python and bash. Gitlab and Docker are used for pipelines. In general, you will be working on but are not limited to:
- Developing CLI tools to enable cross-functional teams to work collaboratively
- Easy daily routines with serverless functions, chat bots and standalone services
- Secure the IT perimeter and keep attackers away from compromising infrastructure, applications and data
- Improve effective usage of cloud infrastructure and bandwidth by managing bot traffic
- Deploying security components in a DevOps way of working
Who are we looking for?
As a DevOps Engineer Web Security, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the environment of our customers. To be able to fully succeed in this role, you have the following profile:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, preferably in mission critical environments
- Experience in Linux, as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience in AWS, since all automation tools are in AWS
- Experience in managing and hardening public facing web servers, preferably middleware
- Experience with web applications (API's, web socket, etc.) You are able to work with different API's, both from our suppliers as from our customers
- Experience in automation/scripting and interest in coding (Go, Python, Ruby)
Knowledge and/or experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDN) is preferred.
What we offer
- Hybrid way of working: Your office base will be the Schiphol-Rijk office, but you are able to work from any of our Schuberg Philis office locations and from home in deliberation with your team
- Indefinite contract
- Annual gross salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Yearly gross bonus opportunity of 15%
- Mobility plan: Mileage allowance, reimbursement of your public transport expenses, or a pool car. After your probation period, you are eligible to select a lease car or public transport card, if you prefer one of these two options above the mileage allowance.
- Employee Ownership Plan: After your probation period, you will receive 1 certificate that makes you owner of a small part of Schuberg Philis. This will allow you to receive dividend on a yearly basis. You will also be eligible to invest in more certificates during the annual trading period
- Pension plan: contribution depends on salary and age (BeFrank) and a session with an independent financial advisor during your first monthto help you with your pension and financial plans.
- Disability insurance and surviving dependants’ pension plans
- surviving dependants’ pension (BeFrank/Elipslife)
- ANW Hiaat (BeFrank)
- WIA-AOP excedent (ElipsLife)
- WGA-Hiaat extended (ElipsLife)
- WIA excedent (Elipslife)
- Group health insurance NN/ONVZ (5% discount for the basic health insurance and 10% for the supplementary health insurance. Additional discount for the yearly payment of 2%).
- 25 paid holidays
- Laptop and iPhone provided by Schuberg Philis
- Access to a dedicated Coolblue Home Office Store with a personal budget to help create a suitable workplace at home
- Well-being activities like mindfulness, running, and other events
- Good food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks – for which a monthly contribution of €25 will be deducted from the monthly salary due to tax reasons)
- Opportunities to grow, have fun and (be) challenge(d)!