Schuberg Philis continues to expand its focus on data for a growing number of customers which means that we are looking for Data Engineers.
We keep our customers moving forward by designing, building and running their data landscapes. These landscapes are often developed in public cloud environments, but there is diversity in implementation: not all customers are the same. We have data lake environments on our own MCC (Mission Critical Cloud), AWS, Azure and more.
As a Data Engineer you will:
* Develop and maintain data pipelines.
* Configure and manage tools like Spark, Glue, Kinesis, S3, Lambda, Kafka, Redshift, Athena, EventHub, etc.
* Support tooling such as Gitlab (CI/CD), Terraform (Infra).
* Focus on the technical implementation of use cases and required tools on a new data platform.
* Be involved in the data standards and initiatives that we have set for our customers.
On a team level, you will be involved in the data strategy of the customer by developing a data platform that will be used to develop various use cases for the users of data. This customer is currently also preparing on migrating their entire environment to a public cloud environment on AWS, which impacts the various data sources. Eventually data pipelines will be created based on events.
You get to actively explore, design, build and run data lakes in AWS. Your work will be completely customer-focused but you will also contribute to expanding and maturing the Schuberg Philis data landscape architecture and all of its initiatives.
Who are we looking for?
In this role, you will thrive if you have the following experience:
- Building data pipelines in a cloud-native manner (e.g. S3, Lambda's, Glue, etc )
- Used to working with large data sets in both data lakes (S3) & data warehouses (Redshift)
- Good AWS knowledge, especially all the data related services
- Python & data library ecosystem
- Spark + Spark Streaming (Java/Scala or PySpark)
Nice to have
- Software development, particularly API's (Python)
- Kafka & Kafka Connect
- Proficiency in Dutch
- AWS Data Analytics Certifications
If you are a strong team player who recognizes yourself in the above, likes to take ownership, can work independently as part of a team, and can challenge us on our decisions: we’d like to hear from you.