As a procurement and contract manager at Schuberg Philis you touch the full life cycle of a supplier relation. Most of our suppliers are IT vendors and in addition, you will occasionally help our marketing, finance, facility, and people teams.
Like with everything we do, we put experts in the lead, and we work in teams. This also applies to making procurement decisions and contracts. You are the expert in the field of procurement and contract management and will work with (IT) experts to close the best long-term deal for Schuberg Philis. You take initiative and set direction in large and complex purchasing processes. This includes coaching and facilitating colleagues towards the best result possible.
The range of activities is broad; it is the full spectrum of making your hands dirty and doing tactical procurement, making, and implementing company supplier management strategy in our growing company. You also manage contracts with existing suppliers and know how to get interesting new players to the table at Schuberg Philis, provide them with the right questions, and challenge them.
In addition to operational and tactical procurement, you develop the strategy for all aspects of procurement and contract management within Schuberg Philis and execute it in a growing, but decentralized organization in self-steering teams with a lot of mandate.
In this role you will be successful when you have a strong affinity for technology and a broad knowledge of the purchasing profession, which you can effectively transfer. Furthermore, you are passionate about your profession, IT procurement and contract management, and you have high standards and can bring out these standards in the people around you.
In addition, the following skills and experience will support you in being successful in this role;
- 5+ years of work experience leading projects in procurement
- WO / HBO level with relevant purchasing education or training
- A proven track record in stakeholder and supplier management, purchasing SaaS services and hardware and software
- Knowledge of reseller and distribution markets is a pre
- Relevant experience in reviewing, redlining, and negotiating contracts
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Pro-active, determined, confident, self-steering team player
- Curious, analytical, critical, pragmatic, and open mindset; dare to ask the right questions and to challenge status quo
- Fluent in both the English and Dutch language