We are looking for an experienced lead software engineer who can work closely with the customer in a tightly knit DevOps team to deliver business value using modern cloud technologies and a DevOps way of working.
To grow our software capabilities faster, respond to current customer demand and to generate new demand in line with our company strategy of moving up the stack, we are looking for more lead software engineers with broad and deep experience with customer-facing software project delivery.
Our customers desire that we join with them in moving into the new era of business-driven IT. As digital transformations get underway customers look to Schuberg Philis as a trusted partner that works with them to build their next generation of value-based and data-driven platforms. As we maintain quality and stability while responding to increasing complexity and faster changes, our world is becoming more exciting.
And we know… you are a rare find.
Large organizations tend to split engineering lead roles into many specialist roles (principal engineer / line manager / dev lead / architect / project manager / release manager). Schuberg Philis cannot and does not want to specialize this role because we are customer focused: as a small player in big ecosystems we require people to adjust to whatever is needed in the customer context which means we need rare finds… you.
As lead software engineer you will join an existing dedicated customer team and grow its software development capabilities, tight-knit working together with the customer and within the development team to take on new and bigger challenges. You will guide and lead stakeholders, both on the customer side as within Schuberg Philis, to ensure sustainable software delivery. You will work daily within a DevOps team where your colleagues will expect you to maintain a wide overview while guarding aspects like quality, security, and planning. You will strike a balance between leading from the trenches writing code yourself and enabling those around you.
In our company with self-steering teams without formal hierarchy and a strong engineering culture you enjoy leading by example, enabling your team to make our customers happy. You have a vision for what is possible with modern cloud-native development, and the experience needed to turn that vision into reality.
Our ideal new Lead Software Engineer colleague is someone with
- At least 8 years’ experience in software development
- Ability to shape team structure and process as a servant leader (experience in self steering teams)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a lead or architect role (working together in an account team)
- Commercial awareness and consulting skills
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high quality software products & services
- Experience with multiple mainstream programming languages and technologies
- Experience with public cloud including security and continuous delivery best practices
- Experience with software architecture, analysis, and design
- Good skills in the Dutch language is a hard requirement