We are looking for an experienced lead software engineer who can work closely with the customer in a tightly knit DevOps team to deliver business value using modern cloud technologies and a DevOps way of working.
To grow our software capabilities faster, respond to current customer demand and to generate new demand in line with our company strategy of moving up the stack, we are looking for more lead software engineers with broad and deep experience with customer-facing software project delivery.
Our customers desire that we join with them in moving into the new era of business-driven IT. As digital transformations get underway customers look to Schuberg Philis as a trusted partner that works with them to build their next generation of value-based and data-driven platforms. As we maintain quality and stability while responding to increasing complexity and faster changes, our world is becoming more exciting.
And we know… you are a rare find.
Large organizations tend to split engineering lead roles into many specialist roles (principal engineer / line manager / dev lead / architect / project manager / release manager). Schuberg Philis cannot and does not want to specialize this role because we are customer focused: as a small player in big ecosystems we require people to adjust to whatever is needed in the customer context which means we need rare finds… you.
As lead software engineer you will join an existing dedicated customer team and grow its software development capabilities, tight-knit working together with the customer and within the development team to take on new and bigger challenges. You will guide and lead stakeholders, both on the customer side as within Schuberg Philis, to ensure sustainable software delivery. You will work daily within a DevOps team where your colleagues will expect you to maintain a wide overview while guarding aspects like quality, security, and planning. You will strike a balance between leading from the trenches writing code yourself and enabling those around you.
In our company with self-steering teams without formal hierarchy and a strong engineering culture you enjoy leading by example, enabling your team to make our customers happy. You have a vision for what is possible with modern cloud-native development, and the experience needed to turn that vision into reality.
Our ideal new Lead Software Engineer colleague is someone with
- At least 8 years’ experience in software development
- Ability to shape team structure and process as a servant leader (experience in self steering teams)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a lead or architect role (working together in an account team)
- Commercial awareness and consulting skills
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high quality software products & services
- Experience with multiple mainstream programming languages and technologies
- Experience with public cloud including security and continuous delivery best practices
- Experience with software architecture, analysis, and design
- Good skills in the Dutch language is a hard requirement
What we offer
- Hybrid way of working: Your office base will be the Schiphol-Rijk office, but you are able to work from any of our Schuberg Philis office locations and from home in deliberation with your team
- Indefinite contract
- Annual gross salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Yearly gross bonus opportunity of 15%
- Mobility plan: Mileage allowance, reimbursement of your public transport expenses, or a pool car. After your probation period, you are eligible to select a lease car or public transport card, if you prefer one of these two options above the mileage allowance.
- Employee Ownership Plan: After your probation period, you will receive 1 certificate that makes you owner of a small part of Schuberg Philis. This will allow you to receive dividend on a yearly basis. You will also be eligible to invest in more certificates during the annual trading period
- Pension plan: contribution depends on salary and age (BeFrank) and a session with an independent financial advisor during your first monthto help you with your pension and financial plans.
- Disability insurance and surviving dependants’ pension plans
- surviving dependants’ pension (BeFrank/Elipslife)
- ANW Hiaat (BeFrank)
- WIA-AOP excedent (ElipsLife)
- WGA-Hiaat extended (ElipsLife)
- WIA excedent (Elipslife)
- Group health insurance NN/ONVZ (5% discount for the basic health insurance and 10% for the supplementary health insurance. Additional discount for the yearly payment of 2%).
- 25 paid holidays
- Laptop and iPhone provided by Schuberg Philis
- Access to a dedicated Coolblue Home Office Store with a personal budget to help create a suitable workplace at home
- Well-being activities like mindfulness, running, and other events
- Good food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks – for which a monthly contribution of €25 will be deducted from the monthly salary due to tax reasons)
- Opportunities to grow, have fun and (be) challenge(d)!
About Schuberg Philis
Schuberg Philis is an innovative, self-funded and technology-driven company. We offer a broad range of 100% IT services for customers who want to realize their digital transformation and have grown from offering dedicated infrastructure management to a DevOps enabler for enhanced ‘business-critical ecosystem’. Our services extend the full technology stack: from cloud management, to comprehensive technical and functional application management, interfacing, software engineering to ecosystem orchestration. Our goal is to take a load off your shoulders by automating processes as far as possible and bringing business and IT in one effective flow. We also comply with the highest international risk management and corporate governance standards, while remaining flexible to evolving customer needs.
Everything we do is cloud-based: we run online banks and businesses/public critical environments in AWS, Azure, Google and in our private cloud, which is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable SaaS cloud computing platform.
Building on each other's strengths, our experts help create the prerequisites for continuous renewal and sustainable velocity in your ecosystem. To achieve this, we work together in multidisciplinary teams with Development, Integration and Deployment. With each innovation, we ask ourselves how it contributes to your organizational aims.