If you’re an enthusiastic team player who can automate like nobody’s business, readily takes ownership, and are confident to challenge anything you question – including if it comes from us – then we’d like to hear from you.
WHAT WE NEED
We’re seeking an Oracle and/or SQL database analyst who shares the view that as databases and infrastructure rapidly become commodities, an IT company’s future is moving higher up the stack. The day-to-day job focuses on tech deep dives into the OSes we run for our cloud solutions; configuration management using Chef and Ansible; and automating everything that can be through CI/CD, configuration management, tooling, and good old scripting.
WHAT WE DO
In the HA environments we run, our undivided attention is devoted to application ecosystems that are critical to the business of our customers. Much of our work revolves around applications run in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and our own private cloud using Cosmic and VMware.
As an IT-driven company, we rely on our IT experts’ knowledge to guide the technological future of our company. We have a DevOps culture in which our customer teams are completely self-steering and take end-to-end responsibility. Every team member is fully mandated and in direct contact with their customer.
WHAT WE WANT
We’d be delighted to consider you for one of our customer teams if you:
- Are a T-shaped engineer, comfortable operating across platforms and highly experienced with databases
- Have had 6+ years working with Oracle and/or SQL databases
- Know your way around HA Microsoft or Linux operating systems, preferably in a cloud environment
- Frequently use one or more scripting languages (ideally Bash or PowerShell)
- Are a strong team player who has an opinion and takes ownership
- Can well express your ideas, openly challenge peers, and easily communicate with stakeholders of our customers
- Have experience with Oracle Data Guard
- Have experience with RMAN
- As a plus: have experience with Pluggable Oracle Database, Exadata, and/or running Oracle databases in a public cloud.
What we offer
- Hybrid way of working: Your office base will be the Schiphol-Rijk office, but you are able to work from any of our Schuberg Philis office locations and from home in deliberation with your team
- Indefinite contract
- Annual gross salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Yearly gross bonus opportunity of 15%
- Mobility plan: Mileage allowance, reimbursement of your public transport expenses, or a pool car. After your probation period, you are eligible to select a lease car or public transport card, if you prefer one of these two options above the mileage allowance.
- Employee Ownership Plan: After your probation period, you will receive 1 certificate that makes you owner of a small part of Schuberg Philis. This will allow you to receive dividend on a yearly basis. You will also be eligible to invest in more certificates during the annual trading period
- Pension plan: contribution depends on salary and age (BeFrank) and a session with an independent financial advisor during your first month to help you with your pension and financial plans.
- Disability insurance and surviving dependants’ pension plans
- surviving dependants’ pension (BeFrank/Elipslife)
- ANW Hiaat (BeFrank)
- WIA-AOP excedent (ElipsLife)
- WGA-Hiaat extended (ElipsLife)
- WIA excedent (Elipslife)
- Group health insurance NN/ONVZ (5% discount for the basic health insurance and 10% for the supplementary health insurance. Additional discount for the yearly payment of 2%).
- 25 paid holidays
- Laptop and iPhone provided by Schuberg Philis
- Access to a dedicated Coolblue Home Office Store with a personal budget to help create a suitable workplace at home
- Well-being activities like mindfulness, running, and other events
- Good food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks – for which a monthly contribution of €25 will be deducted from the monthly salary due to tax reasons)
- Opportunities to grow, have fun and (be) challenge(d)!