We are looking for an experienced Linux Engineer to join our SaaS team, which is responsible for delivering top notch services to both our customer teams and their customers, while passing IT audits, refactoring and moving existing applications to public cloud services.
As Senior Linux Engineer you will focus on maintaining the current Linux hosted applications and to migrate them to either Azure or a variety of SaaS solutions (Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, Kubernetes, AWX, etc.) as well as participating in setting up new projects. You will help your colleagues who use internal services to deal with changes to these services, as well as the customer teams to adopt the transition. The current environment uses both Linux and Chef on on-premise, AWS and Azure hosted systems.
As a senior engineer you are able to take the lead in technical projects in which you mentor other colleagues and customers. You have a track record of developing yourself to keep pace with the changing IT landscape. You are comfortable in representing your team towards customers, and customers towards the team, using your expertise.
You will be the perfect match for this role, if this is you:
- You have solid working experience as a Linux Engineer working in enterprise environments
- You have experience working with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, etc.
- You have experience working with Terraform
- You love to talk technology, innovation and smart solutions with colleagues and clients
- You have good communication skills
- You are able to mentor colleagues
- You are confident to push through gently and keep the things going.
Nice to have:
Knowledge of Azure and CI/CD pipeline tools.