Who we are?
Schuberg Philis has its registered office in the town of Schiphol-Rijk in the Netherlands, at Boeingavenue 271, 1119PD.
Schuberg Philis is responsible (the “controller”) for data processing in accordance with the General Regulations on Data Protection, in the Netherlands referred to as the “Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming” (AVG).
We encourage you to read this privacy statement for detailed information about how we deal with your data.
By applying for a possible appointment within our company, you permit Schuberg Philis to collect your personal data, and use it in accordance with this privacy statement. If you do not agree that your personal data may be used in this way, do not put your name forward, and do not provide your personal information to us in any other way.
We will only collect and use your personal data with due regard for the relevant legislation, and regulations. In most cases we will explicitly ask for your permission but, in some cases, we may infer your permission from your actions, and behavior.
We can ask you for supplementary permission if we wish to store your personal data beyond the duration of the job application process. You are not required to give this permission.
What kind of information do we collect?
In this privacy statement, "personal data" refers to information, or elements of information from which you could be identified. This is usually information such as your name, address, username, profile photograph, email address, and telephone number, but it can include other data such as an IP address.
During the job application process, we may compile your personal data from diverse sources, including:
Information that you provide to us directly
We can collect information directly from you if you give your personal data directly to us. The kinds of information that we may collect directly from you can include:
- your name, and residential address, email address, and other contact information.
- any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained in accordance with applicable law during the application or recruitment process such as gender, age, information about your citizenship and/or nationality and/or right to work or reside in a specific country, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin
- your resume or CV, cover letter, language skills, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, information on your driver’s license or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the recruitment process.
- information collected during face to face interviews, video-calls and/or phone-screenings you may have, and if you are requested to provide a video-recording of yourself.
- information on recruitment events you attended such event registration information.
- details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, your notice period in relation to your current employment, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate or travel, and/or other job preferences
- details of how you heard about the position or event you are applying for
- data on courses, and /or tests that you have done
- data on availability, and annual leave
- other data that may be important as part of the evaluation of your suitability as a candidate, for example assessments, references, and certificates
- travel information (including travel and meal preferences) if traveling is part of the recruitment process
- payment details such as your bank account number necessary for reimbursements of permitted expenses as part of the recruitment process
- other personal data that you voluntarily give to us.
Information that we compile from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, for example:
- from commercially available sources such as public databases, or information from third parties. The kinds of personal data that we can collect from such sources include publicly available information, such as user-generated content, blogs, and messages, to the extent permitted by law.
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Schuberg Philis and/or any previous employment history with Schuberg Philis.
- Results from an external assessment; See the “Further Information” section for more detail.
- Reference information and/or information received from Schuberg Philis employees, background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties.
Information that we collect automatically
When using our career website, Schuberg Philis also collects information automatically, some of which may be personal data. This includes data such as:
- language settings
- IP address, location
- device settings, device, operating system, user agent (information about the browser version)
- log information, time of usage
- URL requested
- result (viewer or applicant)
- browsing history, and type of data viewed.
- Schuberg Philis may also collect data automatically through cookies. We use these cookies to recognize you as an applicant, to recognize if you are entering the Site through a referral link, to customize our services to your settings (such as your preferred language) and to improve the Site.
We use Google Analytics Tracker. Google Analytics Tracker tells us for example: the number of site visitors, where the visitor was referred from and which pages are popular. This information helps us fine tune our content to the wishes of our visitors. We cannot see who visits our website.
We do not share or sell this information. Neither does Google
How do we use your personal data?
We can use your personal data to:
- evaluate your suitability, and availability for a possible appointment, or assignment, for which we may also use test results, checks of your references, social media, etc.
- communicate with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s)
- reimburse costs made by you for which you are eligible to receive reimbursement
- register you for Schuberg Philis recruitment events
- to establish, and maintain an employment relationship with you, and to implement the relevant administrative functions.
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal processes
- inform the interviewers so that they can prepare for your interview
- assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required
- as permitted by applicable law, verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job
- send you job alerts informing you of other potential career opportunities at Schuberg Philis, newsletters and information regarding upcoming events of which we believe will be of interest to you.
As part of these communications, we will include an unsubscribe link that you can use if you do not want us to send messages in the future
- make improvements to Schuberg Philis’ application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- A to F - Article 6(1)(b) which relates to processing necessary for the performance of a contract.
- G to K - Article 6(1)(f) for the purposes of our legitimate interest.
If you wish to object to the processing set out under H through J and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly (for example in the email we sent you), to the extent applicable, please contact your primary contact person or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do we share your personal data with?
As a rule, we do not share your personal data with anyone outside Schuberg Philis and do not sell or rent out your personal data. However, there are some trusted third parties with whom we may share your personal data with:
- Service Providers (including suppliers): we share your information with third party service providers for example to provide our recruitment services, store data and/or maintain the Site on our behalf. These service providers shall process personal data only as instructed by and to provide the services to Schuberg Philis.
- Payment Providers and other Financial Institutions: to process payments between you and Schuberg Philis your information, as relevant, is shared with payment providers and other financial institutions.
- Travel agencies: if you must travel as part of the recruitment or event process, we may share your information, such as your name, contact details and passport number, with travel agencies for making travel arrangements.
- Screening: we may share your information with third parties to conduct pre-employment screening as permitted by applicable law. See the “Further Information” section for more detail.
- Compelled Disclosure: when legally required, strictly necessary for the performance of the recruitment services, or to protect our rights, or the rights of Schuberg Philis B.V. of companies or users, we disclose your information to governmental authorities including law enforcement (subject to a lawful request) or in legal proceedings.
Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data
We may share information in aggregate form and/or in a form which does not enable the recipient of such information to identify you, with third parties, for example for industry analysis and demographic profiling.
International Data Transfers
The transmission of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, Schuberg Philis shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards.
How long do we store/process your personal data for?
When we employ you
If Schuberg Philis employs you, Schuberg Philis shall store your relevant personal data. Your information, which may include personal data collected during the application and recruitment process, will become part of your personnel file. All personal data we retain as part of your personnel file will be subject to our internal retention policy for employees. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us.
When we do not employ you
If Schuberg Philis does not employ you, Schuberg Philis will nevertheless continue to retain and use your information which may include personal data to consider you for new positions. Schuberg Philis may refer to an earlier application in case you submit a new application in the future. In this respect Schuberg Philis will retain your personal data for a period of one year following rejection of the job application procedure, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Protecting your personal data
We take all reasonable preventive measures to protect your personal data, and we require third parties that process, or handle your personal data for us to do likewise.
Access to your personal data is limited to prevent unauthorized access, change, or misuse. Access is only permitted for our colleagues, and third parties on a need-to-know basis.
Your rights, and who to approach
If you have comments to make, or questions to ask about how we deal with your personal data, you can contact the colleague with whom you spoke previously or contact us by clicking on the ‘Contact’ link on the Schuberg Philis website.
You are entitled to tell us that:
- you no longer want to be approached by us
- you want a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- you want us to correct, amend, or remove your personal data in our systems
Where we are using your personal data based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current.
Please note that to assist us in processing your request, you will need to provide enough information for us to validate you request.
Concerns or complaints
If you have concerns or a complaint about our processing of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us via email@example.com.
All questions and complaints reported to Schuberg Philis will be investigated. Schuberg Philis will attempt to resolve complaints and questions in line with internal policies. You may also contact your local data protection authority with questions and complaints.
Changes in our privacy statement
Just as our business changes constantly, this Privacy Statement may also change from time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Privacy Statement from time to time, we invite you to access this Privacy Statement to see the changes. If we make material changes or changes that will have an impact on you (e.g. when we start processing your personal data for other purposes than set out above), we will contact you prior to commencing that processing.
Depending on the vacancy, you may be requested to perform an assessment to establish whether you meet certain job requirements (e.g. cognitive test and personality assessment). Your assessment results can be shared with Schuberg Philis, but only after your consent, and will be part of your application file. Your assessment results may be used to provide specific training and/or coaching during your employment with Schuberg Philis and your assessment results may be shared with coaches for this purpose.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening `check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. The pre-employment screening may include verification of skill proficiency, criminal history, financial history, and other information that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Schuberg Philis. You will be informed about the screening process beforehand separately.
Third Party Disclaimer
Schuberg Philis does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Schuberg Philis via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Schuberg Philis without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Schuberg Philis.