We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our team of enthusiastic security experts at Schuberg Philis. Our self-steering team facilitates 25+ customer oriented teams who run critical system environments for our clients. Schuberg Philis is on a continuous journey of growth and innovation, so we can offer a challenging position for a anyone that shares our security passion.
Our team is responsible to keep Schuberg Philis and its clients safe, by preventing incidents, reacting to threats and supporting the customer teams. You will be sparring with colleagues, (cloud) engineers, customer teams, and external experts, vendors and stakeholders. You drive projects and implement solutions that all teams in Schuberg Philis benefit from, from concept to realization to adoption.
And as we do not like to repeat ourselves, we expect you to automate wherever you can and further innovate the solutions you provide!
We are looking for:
- A friendly and calm colleague.
- Infectious enthusiasm, leading initiatives of the team and driving a great culture as it grows.
- At least 3 years' experience within the Security field in an engineering role.
- Passion for security challenges regarding tooling, patching, integrating, testing, automation, visibility, etc. for cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud asset management, exposure footprint, cloud native vulnerability management, key/secret management.
- An active member of the security community: strong knowledge on the latest threats, vulnerabilities, solutions, etc., is a plus, if you aren’t yet and are willing to be, the team will take you there.
- Understanding customer requirements and their translation into a secure and compliant solution.
- Sound risk management thinking that keeps you from getting paranoid, strong sense of ownership and a solid BS radar.
- Experience or willingness to learn how to handle security incidents.
You have the following skills
- Confident, self-aware and able to stand your ground.
- Self-starting, independent, setting priorities and pressure resistant.
- Ability to identify weaknesses and risks when you look at an existing IT solution
- Development- or strong scripting skills in whatever languages you prefer.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure deep understanding, both is a plus.
- Composure, interpersonal savvy and informing; team-player, ability to collaborate with different personalities, teams and roles.
- Readiness to learn, eagerness to develop.
- Excellent English communication skills.