At Schuberg Philis we love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in complex mission critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
As a Kubernetes Engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary team where you will focus on building and maintaining the Kubernetes environment. The Kubernetes platform is in constant development, which means we continue to onboard new applications but are also working on further building and improving the platform and the ecosystem around it.
Your role does not only entail applying cloud native infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD, but you will also have a large impact by training colleagues around you in Kubernetes.
Who are we looking for?
In this role, you will have a lot of fun if you have the following experience:
- Experience in a complex engineering environment, preferably in mission critical environments
- Experience in building and maintaining on premise Kubernetes environments
- Hands-on experience in automation and applying cloud native infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and CI/CD (GitHub Actions, GitLab CI), as well as interacting with APIs with a scripting language (e.g. Python or Ruby)
- Knows how to harden and secure container and Kubernetes environments
- Familiar with using Kubernetes operators for achieving last mile automation
- Experience with either Linux or Windows environments
- Due to the nature of our customer, you need to have fluency in Dutch, both in speech as in writing
Nice to haves:
- Good understanding of networking
- Experience in training colleagues in Kubernetes
- Experience with deploying and managing Kubernetes environments using Kubespray or kubeadm
- Experience with Kubernetes environments in public cloud (GCE, AKS)
- Container security experience
- Worked with or implemented a continues delivery or deployment environment; exposure to GitOps (e.g. ArgoCD or Flux), deploying using progressive delivering
Are you thinking "Yes! That's me!"? Get in touch with us, because we would like to meet you.